Communication is the backbone of a good relationship, and one of the main qualities of a good communicator is being a good listener. Follow these tips to ensure that you become a great listener in all of your relationships:
· Take yourself out of the equation. This is not the time to talk, especially about yourself. You’re there to listen to what they have to say and hear them talk about themselves. So resist the temptation to relate everything back to yourself or talk about how you went through the exact same thing. It’s not about you.
You may have been in the dating scene for years or maybe you’ve only been at it for a short time, but there comes a time where people start to think about settling down. Here are some signs to watch for to see if you’re ready to settle down:
· You’re sick of going on first dates. First dates can be really fun. They’re full of potential, anticipation and jitters. But, if you’ve been on more first dates than you can remember and the thrill has worn out it’s welcome, you might be thinking of packing in your lucky first date outfit and finding someone to settle down with.
· You’re sick of small talk. The first few dates are always about getting to know each other and making small talk. If this is all you ever do and you never make it past this stage, you might be getting a little sick of it. If you find yourself craving a deeper connection that you get from being in a relationship, you are ready to settle down and find something more serious.
· You want someone you can rely on. If you’re looking for someone in your life that can be your rock, you’re probably ready to settle down. Casual dating is fun, but you are missing that one person that you can really count on to be there for you when you need them.
Types Of Friendships
Friends are wonderful additions to our lives that help to make us who we are. While no two friendships are ever the same, they fall into common themes. Here are some of the main types of friendships that we have in our lives:
· Common Ground Friendships. These are the types of friendships that are formed when you have something in common with someone. Maybe you’re both in the same class together or you’re co-workers or you both live in the same neighborhood.